Friday, August 27, 2010

Oslo by night - interlude

Ok, I am all out of order here - but let me say:

If you want to go where "everybody knows your name" (I wonder who is too young for a Cheers reference) then always know that no matter what country you are in, an Irish pub is an Irish pub.  On the way home from my late dinner (I decided I needed an 8:15-9:00 PM nap) I saw that there was a live band playing in the Irish pub on the street to my hotel and I could not resist paying the $80 kroner (~$16) to go in.  Who can resist an Irish pub, with live music???  There I met John, Roger, Maya, Desiree, and... er... I don't remember his name.  i got there around 11:15 PM intending to only spend an hour at very most, but the band was good, the company fun, and I stayed until 2:15ish.  I love hearing live Irish music, seeing people so damn happy dancing around to it.  So I made new friends and I am pleased with my independent self.  However, no pictures were taken, and since I am a visual person I feel remiss.  I have a lot of blogging to catch up on, particularly in the realm of helicopter rides, and, more importantly, initiation!!!  So, I should leave you at least with a lasting visual image - here, let me dig one up:
This is the most incredible view of the mountain as we came out of our newbie conspiring session around 1:30 AM.  

No comments:

Post a Comment